Thursday, December 24, 2015

Let's Get This Straight



I watch Special Report every night -- every single night. I love Charles Krauthammer; I love Steve Hayes; I cringe when Juan starts babbling. I especially enjoy Jonah Goldberg. But none of these guys knows my life. 

I'm about as an established Republican as one can be; yet I get it. I get the fascination with someone like Donald Trump. I get how people can fall in love with him. These guys on the panel don't. They're gentrified. They're living everything life can offer. They forget what it's like to be a peon; a loser; a striver who never grabs the gold. They don't relate to somebody eyeing their checking account balance every week, knowing the piper will soon need to be paid; pushing it out of her mind, trying to fall asleep at night with a heavy weight bearing down on her chest. Praying that God will get her out of this mess.
 
I'm sixty and time and opportunity have abandoned me. I'm somehow supposed to care about college kids who have the means to actually attend college, yet bitch about life's unfairness; about BLM marchers who apparently don't have to get up at 4:15 every morning to get ready for work. About the ozone layer, when my fear is icy roads and smashing into the back end of an SUV in the dark.

The real world is a pain in the ass. In case Bret's panelists need reminding. I'm damn sick of being expected to care about everybody except me and my family. My world view is teeny-tiny. I don't have the luxury of contemplating the universe that exists somewhere far outside my living room window. I wish I did. Life, then, would be so much simpler; nuanced. 

I've been clear that my candidate is Marco Rubio, but I'm not a dolt. I know that Marco is probably the only person running on the GOP side who has an earwhig's worth of chance of defeating that lying, opportunistic semblance of a person named HRC, but his timing is all wrong. 
 
Welcome to my world of bad timing.
 
So Trump says a bunch of outrageous things. So he's not a deep thinker.
 
So what?
 
What do any of us have to lose at this point? At least Trump isn't afraid to air the grievances of people who simply want to chalk up one measly win before they die. 
 
Everyday existence is a column of batter and abuse. 
 
Welcome to the real world.
 
 


 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment