Saturday, March 26, 2016

Politics Is Music To The...Okay, I Give Up

(Well, "beauty" is kind of pushing it.)

You know me (okay, maybe you don't, but you can catch the "beauty" of me here). My niche is writing about music, because I've been around long enough to know most of it. I've been rather lax in the "writing about music" arena lately, mostly because my thoughts have been elsewhere. Although today, my husband mentioned he might like to record a cover song, and he was thinking of "California Dreamin'". I said, well, you'd have to do the background vocals, too. You know, "All the leaves are brown -- leaves are brown". I don't know why that struck me as funny. The original recording is beautiful, but I guess when thinking about recreating it, it seems kind of lame. And then I thought about Michelle Phillips and how I'm pretty sure they shut off her mic anytime the group did a live performance, because she was essentially the eye candy; much like Mrs. Trump. (See how I brought this whole meander full circle?)

But why can't I meld my two interests into one big fat ball of red-like hair? I think I can! 

So, in my first installment of Music of the Candidates, I'd like to focus on Donald Trump. There are many many huge songs that well befit the GOP front runner, and it was difficult to narrow my choices, but these I like:



 And lest we forget:


There, in a nutshell, a music video nutshell, is the essence of Mr. Trump-ett.  

Feel free to contribute your own suggestions.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment